Friday, September 4, 2009

Starting a self-esteem file...
























[09/04/2009]
So I was reading on one of those self-help websites and ran across an article titled "How to start a self-esteem file"... couriosity got the best of me and now here I am to start my file. Here goes...

Step one: Identify 10 strengths in yourself....

1. can be fun/funny when I choose to be
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Wow... ?!?! I may need this "file" more than I think.


Step two: (if you drew a blank) Come up with four people to list your strenghts for you...

Ok, so here are the THREE people I will send this request to (I don't know 4 people that would respond):

1. Michelle
2. Luzaan
3. Carolyn


So now I wait....

[09/04/2009]
From Luzaan:


1. You are a wonderful mother.

2. You are a great wife.
3. You are an awesome friend.
4. You are hard working.
5. You are creative.
6. You are a beautiful person inside and out.
7. You are funny.
8. Bet you are GREAT in bed..........
9. You are a good drinker......
10. You ARE MY BFF.

[09/08/2009]
From Michelle:

1.You listen when I talk

2.You care about me and my family
3.You make me smile with emails and photos
4.You are loving and lovable
5.You laugh easily
6.We have things in common
7.You are a great mom
8.At your funeral I might say that I wish we had spent more time talking – but then I would remember all the special emails.
9.I might say that I wish you were able to acknowledge more of the positive qualities about yourself – but then I would remember that that is part of what makes you you.
10.I return your calls and emails because if I don’t you just keep calling and calling!

From Carolyn:


1.You are friendly
2.You are loving and caring
3.You are a good friend
4.You are thoughtful - always sending little notes or cards just because




Step three: If you couldn't come up with 4 friends to help you with your list... MAKE FOUR FRIENDS


12 way to make new friends:

1. Join a book club
2. Volunteer
3. Go Online
4. Seek out a support group
5. Take a night class
6. Get a dog
7. Steal friends from other friends
8. Knock on doors
9. Carpool to work
10. Attend a conference
11. Talk to strangers
12. Connect with your alumni associations


My  input: I have ALWAYS found it difficult to make friends. I am not outgoing in the friendship/meeting people department. If I do manage to ask someone over for a beer or to meet at the beach and they decline... I feel like they don't want to hang out with me in general and I never ask again. My main source of finding friendship would probably be #7... Steal friends from other friends. All my current friendships (except 2, Michelle and Carolyn) were formed by them being friends of friends... or friends of my husband. Michelle I met at work several years ago and Carolyn I have known since high-school. They are my oldest friends... since them I have been 'stealing' !

My goal: I will try to make new friends using one or some of the suggestions above... I just don't know which one(s) yet... will post that detail as soon as I figure it out...

 













No comments:

Post a Comment