Monday, October 19, 2009

clip the wings or let her soar

T came to me last night and asked if my feelings would be hurt if she moved back to Jacksonville. She misses her friends and is at that age that she needs to be around her friends. We talked a few weeks ago about the benefits of her going to public school because that is how you make friends... but she wouldn't be able to graduate early and she is doing really well in FLVS, taking several honors courses and making all A's, so she doesn't want to go back to school. We also looked into group activities but there are not many options down here non-sports related... and she is not a sports girl, and doesn't want to start anything new (like dance or karate or any of my suggestions). So, I told her that I understood why she wanted to go back and that I was ok with her choice... she did live there her entire life and as a teenager I can only imagine how hard being down here is... even as an adult it is difficult. I ultimately just told her that if she wants to go and can stay with Danielle or Mom, that I would be ok with her choice... and I really am, but it made me sad because I have less than a year left here with her, and then I will be over 8000 air-miles away. I guess we will see what happens. I am torn. I know she is unhappy here and I want her to be happy and enjoy her life... selfishly I want my time with her. I don't want her to 'leave the nest' too soon. I want her to be a happy functioning adult. And my delima is.. will this help her or hurt her in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment