Monday, November 23, 2009

Beautiful Family

I sat back today and really watched my family... Corey has changed so much over the past couple of years. He is still a pain in the ass and likes to see how far he can push you before you fly off the handle and want to kill him... but he has his sweet moments too... When he gets up early and attempts to make you a cup of coffee or make you breakfast. When he offers to help you with the dishes or offers to go get E when he wakes up. Or plays with E, making him laugh at his rude noises. When you tell him goodnight and every once in a while he gets up and gives you an awkward hug and says "sleep well, love you". And Taylor with all the help she gives babysitting on a whim when Ollie and I need to run to the store or an appointment, or just want to break away for 10 minutes by ourselves. How she works really hard on her school work for a month, just so she can slack off for a week. How she is determined to move away to a small town up north and write novels and poetry. How she sticks up for or worries about her brother one moment, but could kill him a second later. Then there is Ethan with all of his newness... his amazing milestones and infectious laughter. How he smiles all the time at the smallest of things and talks to him self in his baby language. How he throws things over the baby gates and out of the crib just to get excited when you fetch them for him. And how he smiles when you call him stinky. His smells, even the morning breath and sweaty feet. And last but not least my husband... who I adore just because he is my husband and a wonderful husband. Our cookouts and time together on the weekends, talking and laughing over some beer and chips and a fire. Eating at 11 at night because we lost track of time. Nudging each other when E wakes up hoping the other will rise to the occasion... or faking asleep until the other one does! How he does bath time every single night and then rocks E to sleep. How he always greets me before anyone else and calls on his way home to let me know he is leaving work. How he makes my coffee when he gets up before me.

All of these things I adore about my family. I get so caught up in the negative, everyday crap that I forget to pay attention to all the beautiful things about my family. I am glad I was able to do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment